title="Newton with Clifton Parish Council in Lancashire"> Site A-Z  

News  »  Flooding Information

   Flooding Information    28 July, 2023

If you have experienced flooding you may find the following information from Lancashire County Council helpful.

If you have had flood water in your home or business premises, you will get advice from your buildings & contents insurers about what to do next. If you don’t have insurance, you are best advised to contact Fylde council for help with cleaning up.

  • If anyone has had foul water (dirty water from sewers) coming into their property, they should report it to United Utilities plc, which may be able to help with cleaning and will certainly want to investigate any possible failings in their networks: tel. 0345-672-3723. More information is available online here: Sewage flooding in your home or garden | United Utilities
  • Any long-lasting ponding of water in the road should be reported to LCC Highways for investigation and appropriate repairs. If this is or may be connected to a blocked gully, it can be reported as a highway fault through our Love Clean Streets app Lancashire Report It - Help or through website Report It - Lancashire County Council . If it is anything more complicated, we advise that you either telephone on 0300-123-6780 during normal working hours or send the information in an email any time to : highways@lancashire.gov.uk including as much detail as possible.
  • The Lead Local Flood Authority – represented by the Flood Risk Management team – needs to know about all flooding events, especially where it has come into private property, so that we can investigate responsibly and identify whether there may be a case for grant funding to help with long-term improvements to an area. 'Private property' includes, homes, gardens & garages, farms/fields and business premises. Please encourage people to report to us by telephone on 0300-123-6780 during normal working hours or by email any time to : highways@lancashire.gov.uk with as much detail as possible. If we need to share the information that we receive with other drainage authorities for a full investigation, we will do so under carefully controlled data protection processes. We will not pass the information on to any insurance companies, trades companies, newspapers, private individuals or other people/organisations outside the flood risk management authorities. If people have already reported to another drainage authority (for example the Environment Agency, the district council or United Utilities), they don’t need to report again to us.
  • If anyone wants advice on how to manage their risks of future flooding, they should first contact their local Flood Action Group or Community Resilience Group where there is one. They can also find advice on the North West's dedicated flood advice website: https://thefloodhub.co.uk/ .

Anyone who wants support in setting up a new Flood Action Group is welcome to contact the Flood Risk Management team on telephone on 0300-123-6780 during normal working hours or by email any time to : highways@lancashire.gov.uk with as much detail as possibleto gain appropriate support.

[+ go back...]